Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans With Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) guarantees equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities. If you require special assistance to participate in our programs, please contact the facility supervisor prior to the activity. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to make it possible for you to participate.
If you have a specific concern about a city facility, notify us by contacting Dawn Lewellyn, CTRS, at (727) 793-2339 ext. 245.
TDD (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf): (727) 562-4833
Florida Relay Service with Voice Assistance: 1-800-955-8770
Florida Relay Service for TDD: 1-800-955-8771
Athletic Field Reservations
Fields are available for rentals on an hourly basis when not in use by the department. Availability of field will then be verified and the following fees collected. Call 727-562-4802 ext. 3839 or 3811.
- Field Reservation: $30-$40 per hour (based on the facility) plus tax
- Lights (if needed): $25 per hour plus tax
Reservations will be approved and a copy of the reservation receipt slip will be given out.
The Clearwater Parks & Recreation Department, Recreation Facilities Division provides maintenance and construction for the following sites and facilities.
- Ballfield maintenance and renovations at 49 athletic fields
- Ballfield use coordination with the Philadelphia Phillies, Clearwater Bombers, 20+ co-sponsored volunteer organizations, rental of ballfields and special events.
- Playground apparatus maintenance at 29 sites
- Fitness station installation and maintenance at 8 sites
- Custodial maintenance at 43 buildings
- Staff coverage at rental facilities
- Lighting system design, installation and maintenance at 62 recreation facilities
- Security lighting installation and maintenance at 45 city buildings and 15 parking lots
- Street light installation and maintenance on U.S. 19 and bridges
Depending on the size of the function, recreation centers range from neighborhood centers featuring small meeting rooms to community centers with multipurpose rooms, kitchen facilities, outdoor pools and gymnasiums. Fees vary according to space. All reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. A deposit fee is requested when submitting a Public Building Lease Application.
- Clearwater Beach Recreation Complex (727) 462-6138
- Social hall with scenic view of Intracoastal and seasonal pool
- Countryside Recreation Center (727) 669-1914
- Gymnasium, meeting room, activities room
- Moccasin Lake Nature Park and Environmental and Energy Education Center (727) 793-2976
- Morningside Pool (727) 507-4064
- Seasonal pool
- North Greenwood Recreation Complex (727) 462-6276
- Double gymnasium, meeting rooms, & seasonal pool
- Ross Norton Recreation Complex (727) 462-6025
- Social hall, meeting rooms & year-round pool.
The City of Clearwater assumes no responsibility for personal injury or loss of personal property while using City facilities or participating in recreation activities.
The Parks & Recreation Department regularly takes photos of participants in our classes, special events, and other recreational activities. The photos are for Department use and may be used in presentations, brochures, and fliers.
lf you do not wish to have your picture taken, please tell the photographer.
The Recreation Programming Division is eager to visit your club meetings, civic association, homeowners association meetings or PTAs to discuss services, activities and programs. Let us tell your group about the exciting recreation activities and programs available to you! We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact Parks & Recreation at (727) 562-4800 to schedule a presentation.
Project Safe Place
Project Safe Place is a national runaway outreach and prevention program to provide safe and immediate help for youth who are runaways, homeless or otherwise in a crisis situation. This means a youth can enter any location bearing the Safe Place sign and request help. An employee there will provide the youth a secure place to wait and call one of the two runaway shelters operated by Family Resources, Inc. in Pinellas County. A trained volunteer comes to assist the youth and transport him or her to the shelter if necessary. Safe Place sites include businesses and other public locations that are easily accessible by youth.
A major component of Project Safe Place is outreach to youth and their families through presentations on the dangers of running away, alternatives to running away, teen related problems and concerns and the importance of making healthy choices in dealing with problems. For more information, visit the Project Safe Place World Wide Web site.
City of Clearwater Recreation Centers that are Safe Place Sites:
Safe Place Sign Look for the brightly colored yellow and black Safe Place logo/sign on a building designating it as a Safe Place site.
All refund requests are subject to administration approval. Allow four to six weeks for refunds to be processed.
Recreation Programs or Activities Refunds
Requests for refunds must be received in writing ten business days prior to the start of the program. A $10 processing fee will be charged or you can receive a 100% credit toward another program. No refunds will be issued after the program begins, except for documented* medical reasons.
*A medical form signed by a doctor stating the individual is unable to participate for the remainder of the program will entitle the individual to a prorated refund from date of notification, or credit towards another program. Please notify staff as soon as possible of any medical reason for withdrawal.
Recreation Cards/Play Passes Refunds
Recreation Cards/Play Passes will not be refunded after ten business days from date of issue or if used. Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing with the card or pass attached.
Open Swim/Open Skate Refunds
If the city must close a pool or skate park unexpectedly, participants who have been at the facility for less than an hour may be given a rain check for another visit.
The Parks and Recreation Department and its staff is committed to providing high quality leisure activities that are safe and enjoyable. By their nature, recreation activities may present situations that place participants or spectators at some risk.
You need to be aware of safety factors regarding your own physical limitations & use good 'common sense' in participation of leisure activities.
If you notice a safety hazard or risk potential while enjoying any City facility or program, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at email@example.com or (727) 562-4800. Thank you!
Special Event Application
Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity (concert, sporting activity, rally, parade, fireworks, arts and crafts show, etc.) involving the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits, will need to fill out a Special Event Permit Application for review and approval by the Special Events Committee.
Permit Process and Cost
- Special Event Permit Applications are only required for events that meet any of the following criteria:
- Event has 75 people or more
- Event has Amplified Sound
- Event involves the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits
- Applications are available here or call 727-562-4700 ext. 0 to have one mailed to your address.
- The application will not be processed if the information is incomplete and the $200 application fee has not been received.
- Please make any check payments made payable to the "City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Department".
- Submit application and payment at least 60 days prior to the event set-up. You can mail the application to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept. : Christopher Hubbard, P.O. Box 4748 Clearwater, FL 33758-4748, or fax it to 727-562-4825.
- All expenses for insurance, security, fencing, restrooms, tents, sound systems, and services provided by City of Clearwater departments shall be paid by the event organizer.
- In most cases, a minimum of $1 million dollars of insurance is required. Securing and paying for insurance is the responsibility of the applicant.
Take a Break and share your time with others. It's Fun! Meet New People! And You Can Make A Difference! If you have a special talent you would like to share or valuable time to give to others, please check out the volunteer information page. Please call Natalie Lamb at (727) 562-4803 or email Natalie.Lamb@myclearwater.com for more information. Thank you!