Will you make at least one healthy choice every day?
The city of Clearwater strives to be a healthy place to live, learn, work and play. Citizens are challenged to make healthy choices throughout their day and pledge that commitment by signing up for a Healthy Choices card. The program is a collaboration between the city, health department, local businesses promoting well being, non-profit agencies, hospitals, and community groups. The shared vision is making the healthy choice the easy choice.
A monthly newsletter will highlight healthy activities, recipes, and classes and recognize Clearwater businesses and schools that encourage healthy lifestyles.
Those who pledge to "make at least one healthy choice each day" will receive a Healthy Choices for a Healthy Clearwater card that can be used for discounts at participating businesses.
Some things Clearwater has done recently include: installation of a free outdoor fitness zone at Ed Wright Park near Ross Norton, new bike racks and bike fix-it stations along trails to encourage bike riding, and installing water fountains with bottle fillers to encourage hydration.
Healthy Choices for a Healthy Clearwater Newsletter
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
Recreation Center Challenges
28 DAYS OF KINDNESS - FEBRUARY 2018
What can you do to make the world a kinder place? Start with you! How can you be kinder and more thoughtful to those around you?
When we are kind to someone, there is a ripple effect. If we make someone else feel good, it could do more than just make their day. That person is typically more inclined to be kind to someone else, and soon kindness is spreading one by one.
For 28 days (February), your challenge is to find a way to do at least one kind thing a day for someone. Being kind could include so many things, from paying someone a compliment, leaving a kind note for a colleague, etc. The sky is the limit so be creative.
Your challenge is to do something kind every day, for 28 days, and they need to be different acts of kindness.
You do NOT have to choose 28 different people to be kind to, but the action must be different. If you really want to make this more of a challenge for yourself, make an effort to do something kind for someone who you don’t like, don’t get along with or have a more difficult relationship with. Acts of kindness may end up changing that relationship big time.
To be eligible for the drawing, you must submit your completed form (all 28 days) to your respective recreation center, or input data online for 28 days, by Monday March 5. 3 winners from each center will be randomly selected to receive a healthy prize.
Have fun and cherish the joy you bring to others!
- Anytime Fitness - 701 Cleveland St. (216-6378) Show your Healthy Choices card and receive 15% off your monthly membership along with a $0 enrollment fee. anytimefitness.com.
- Beast Athletics - 22043 U.S. 19 N. (400-4785). Show your Healthy Choices card and receive a discount on three and six month commitments ($100/month for three month commitment; $85/month for six month commitment). Ask for Tuck Taylor. beastathletics.com.
- Bee Well Nutrition - (735-4473) Show your card and receive a FREE 30 minute introductory nutritional evaluation of your eating habits, vitamins, lab results and nutrition analysis (a $65-$150 value). Ask for Liat Golan, RD. beewellnutrition.com.
- Café Milano Pizzeria - 105 North Ft. Harrison Ave. (444-4504) Show your card and receive 10% off your lunch or dinner bill at this authentic Italian restaurant where every meal is made from scratch out of the finest fresh ingredients. Ask for Donato or Leonor. cafemilanopizzeria.com.
- Chainwheel Drive - 1770 Drew St. (441-2444) Show your card at time of purchase and receive 10 percent discount on regular price of a clothing, parts or accessories. Not valid with any other discount. chainwheeldrive.com.
- Chi Chi Rodriguez Golf Club - 3030 McMullen Booth Road (726-4673) Show your card and receive a round of golf at a reduced rate. January - April ($28 + tax) or May-December ($18 + tax.) Good anytime Monday- Friday and after 10 a.m. on weekends andholidays. chichi.org.
- Chi Chi Rodriguez Golf & Family Sports Complex - 2987 McMullen Booth Road (216-6389) Show your card and receive a $2 discount on any size bucket of range balls, any time, any day. chichi.org.
- Clear Sky Beachside Café - 490 Mandalay Ave. (442-3684) Show your card and receive 15% off your bill! Ask for Steve or Greg. clearskybeachsidecafe.com.
- Clearwater Beach Fitness - 483 Mandalay Ave. 220, (286-8918) Show your card and with a purchase of a 3 month membership a choice of either a free fitness evaluation and training session with one of our personal trainers or a 4th month free. Ask for Dorothy. clearwaterbeachfitness.org.
- Crossfit Rebels - 2077 Sunnydale Blvd. (253-4971) Show your Healthy Choices card and all new athletes will receive 15% discount off the on-ramp Basic Training Program. Ask for Sam. crossfitrebels.com.
- Crossfit 19 North - 22075 U.S. 19 N. (560-6921) Show your card and receive 30 percent off of a one month membership. Ask for Elisa. crossfit19north.com.
- Fit Body Boot Camp Clearwater - 627 S Missouri Ave. (324-8927). Healthy Choices members can get 10% off their membership option by showing their member card. FitBodyClearwater.com.
- Fitlife Foods - 2454 N. McMullen Booth Rd. #305 (408-5146). Show your member card and receive 10% off your meal purchase (excludes snacks, treats or supplements). eatfitlifefoods.com.
- General & Implant Dentistry – 1511 Lakeview Rd. – (727) 441-1571. yourfamilydentalcare.com. Show your card and receive a FREE consultation for any treatment (including facial rejuvenation treatments) and a goody bag.
- Green Market Cafe - 2570 Gulf to Bay Blvd. (787-5494). Show your card and receive 15% of your bill. greenmarketcafe.com.
- Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex - 1000 Edenville Ave. (669-1919) Show your card and get a 2 hour court fee for free. Ask for Lori Burdell. myclearwater.com/gov/depts/parksrec/facilities/mtc.asp.
- LA Fitness - 21750 U.S. Hwy. 19 N. (791-0980). Show your Healthy Choices card and receive $0 Enrollment. Come to the ultimate health club and experience swimming, basketball, racquetball, group fitness classes, a fully equipped fitness center and child care. lafitness.com.
- Lifeworks Wellness Center - 301 Turner St. (466-6789) Show your card to get FREE Body Composition Analysis. In addition you will get 10% off of all supplements after a visit with either Dr. Springer or Sue Morgan, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. lifeworkswellnesscenter.com.
- Lincourt Pharmacy - 501 S. Lincoln Ave. (447-4248) Show your card and receive $10 credit toward any over-the-counter medications. lincourtpharmacy.com.
- McDowell Orthodontics - 1433 Court St. (474-1721) Show your card and receive a complimentary exam & panorex x-ray. mcdowellorthodontics.com.
- Metabolix Wellness Center/Trim Nutrition - Medical facility and fitness center located at 26212 U.S. Hwy. 19 N. (230-1438); office and retail store located at 1245 N. Hercules Ave. (399-6465). Show your card and receive 10 percent off nutrient products from our doctor formulated line which is popular among athletes and nutrition experts. metabolixwellness.com.
- The Natural Health Improvement Centers - 1171 NE Cleveland St. (447-6442). Show your card and receive a Complimentary Initial Consultation and Report of Findings($120 value). Ask for Diana. nhicenters.com.
- Palm Tree Chiropractic and Wellness Spa – 2288 Drew Street Suite C (286-8608 office; 534-7667 Spa). Show your card and receive free cold laser treatment with every adjustment as well as a personalized exercise program at time of initial evaluation AND 20 percent off any spa service. palmtreewellness.com.
- Risoldi Family Chiropractic - 3023 Eastland Blvd. Building H, Suite 101 (797-9900) Show your card and receive a free Chiropractic Consultation and 50 percent off massage. risoldi.com.
- Wildflower Café - 1465 S. Fort Harrison Ave. (447-4497) Show your card and receive a free regular or decaf green iced tea with purchase of entrée at breakfast or lunch. wildflowercafe.net.