Adopt-A-Street Participant of the Year Award
The current Adopt-A-Street participants are:
- Countryside Kiwanis - Enterprise Rd. (US-19 to McMullen-Booth Rd.)
- Diane & Frank Ingram - Druid Rd. (Keene to Highland Ave.)
- Philip Curry Family - Palmetto (N. Highland Ave. to Wood St.)
- TJ Maxx Store #235 - Village Dr. (Countryside Blvd. to Enterprise Rd. E.)
- Those Two Girls Estate Sales - Lake Ave. (Gulf-To-Bay to Drew St.)
- Kiwanis Club of Springtime City - Hercules Ave. (Drew St. to Druid Rd.)
- Pip's Pool, Inc. - Montclair Rd. (Hercules Ave. to Keene Rd.)
The City of Clearwater initiated the Adopt-A-Street Program in 1997 to help keep Clearwater sparkling through dedicated volunteers from business, industrial, civic, youth, and non-profit organizations.
The Adopt-A-Street Program encourages organizations to adopt an area of roadway that is about one mile in length with residential and commercial use for litter control every other month. The Adopt-A-Street Program promotes community pride by demonstrating to residents, tourists, and potential businesses that the community is active, energetic and cares about a clean and safe environment. This program has proven highly effective in promoting personal responsibility and changing attitudes regarding litter.
Why should your company or group volunteer to Adopt-A-Street?
- Feel ownership and pride in one's community.
- Set an example for others, especially children.
- Show you care about environmental issues.
- Improve the quality of life in your neighborhood.
- Gain new knowledge about litter on roadways (what gets thrown out).
- Experience the feeling of usefulness.
- Deter crime with a cleaner environment.
- Enjoy the outside with neighbors or co-workers.
- Get free recognition for your company or group.
- Make a difference - TRASH AFFECTS EVERYONE!
How to Join
- Contact the City of Clearwater Parks and Recreation Department at 727-562-4803 or email Natalie.Lamb@MyClearwater.com for a complete package of the guidelines, procedures, and contract agreement.
- Sign an agreement to adopt a city street, parkway, or right-of-way for two years with a renewal option.
- Make a commitment to do a clean-up every other month (6 times per year).
- Follow all programs procedures (ESPECIALLY SAFETY).
- Place trash bags under the Adopt-A-Street sign and call for pick-up by the City of Clearwater Solid Waste Department (727-562-4930).
- Mail a report to the City of Clearwater Engineering Department after the clean-up event with number of volunteers, hours worked, bags of litter and/or recyclables collected.
What You Get
- An Adopt-A-Street sign recognizing your company or organization at the beginning and end of the selected roadway.
- A certificate of appreciation from the City of Clearwater.
- Acknowledgement onthe Parks and Recreation website.